I cannot stress enough the importance of taking care of the skin. To obtain a beautiful radiant skin, below you will find some tips on how to do it.
If you want a radiant skin try exfoliators that contain alpha hydroxy acids, such as glycolic acid..
Detox your body
Talk to a natural health care professional to find a detox program that works for you, or take a load off your system and benefit your skin by doing the following:
- Drink warm lemon water each day to help flush toxins from the body.
- Cut out sugar and alcohol for a few days (at least five) to give your body and skin a break.
- Up your intake of fresh fruits and vegetables to boost the amount of skin-saving nutrients you’re getting.
- Limit salty snacks, which can cause swelling and water retention.
Antioxidant Boost (apply topical nutrition)
green tea and grape seed extract. “These powerful bioflavonoids (any of a group of compounds occurring mainly in citrus fruits and black currants, formerly regarded as vitamins). play a unique role in protecting vitamin C from oxidation, thereby allowing your skin to reap more benefits from it.
It restore and rejuvenate damaged skin. Coconut oil has excellent antioxidant properties and helps to destroy free radicals. What is free radicals? an especially reactive atom or group of atoms that has one or more unpaired electrons; especially : one that is produced in the body by natural biological processes or introduced from an outside source (as tobacco smoke, toxins, or pollutants) and that can damage cells, proteins, and DNA by altering their chemical structure.
Bronzers are also excellent for creating a healthy glow. Bronzers have an active ingredient called DHA that produces a golden glow.
Vitamin C & E & D
Vitamin C has a profound effect on the immune system. vitamin C is good for the growth and repair of tissues in all parts of your body. It helps the body make collagen, an important protein used to make skin, cartilage, tendons, ligaments, and blood vessels. Vitamin C is needed for healing wounds, and for repairing and maintaining bones and teeth.
Vitamin E is an antioxidant. This means it protects body tissue from damage caused by substances called free radicals, which can harm cells, tissues, and organs. They are believed to play a role in certain conditions related to aging.
The following vitamins are excellent for skin to enhance your complexion and give you that gorgeous glow:
- Omega-3 fatty acids: salmon, spinach and walnuts
- Vitamin C: citrus fruits, chili peppers, bell peppers, dark leafy greens, broccoli
- Vitamin E: almonds, squash and grape seed oil
- Zinc: Greek yogurt
- Vitamin A: yams and sweet potatoes
- Lycopene: a great antioxidant found in tomatoes
Vitamin D has multiple roles in the body, helping to:
- Maintain the health of bones and teeth
- Support the health of the immune system, brain and nervous system
- Regulate insulin levels and aid diabetes management
- Support lung function and cardiovascular health
- Influence the expression of genes involved in cancer development
Remember, you are beautiful no matter what.
Images: google and pinterest